Based on my experience with intermittent fasting, I have discovered a few characteristics of a person who might really thrive on intermittent fasting. Check out the list below to see if you might be one of them!
Likely Good Candidates:
- Absent or minimal hunger cues or doesn’t mind being hungry – I often hear “I often forget to eat” or “I could go all day without eating”
- Not usually hungry in the morning/prefers to skip breakfast
- Dislikes the structure of tracking calories daily
- Prefers limiting intakes significantly sometimes and not regulating at all at other times
- Schedule that allows eating at “unconventional” times (for 16:8 protocol)
- Goals might include: weight loss, decreased inflammation, reduced risk for chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s
Likely Not Good Candidates:
- Frequent hunger (every 3-4 hours or less)
- Regular breakfast eater
- Prefers more structured eating regimen
- Prefers moderating intakes a little each day to an “all or nothing” mindset
- Goals might include: weight loss, muscle gain, reduced risk for chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s
If you want to learn more about creating a personalized plan to meet your goals and fit your lifestyle, visit my practice website and set up an appointment!